Despite every crazy scenario 2020 has thrown up, NZ’s biggest AML and Financial Crime conference event powers ahead.
The New Zealand Police Financial Intelligence Unit (FIU) together with ACAMS (Association of Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialists) organises this major conference at Te Papa, Wellington. We are determined to keep some of the in-person magic of the event, if Covid-alert levels permit.
This is being closely monitored and, although physical attendance numbers at Te Papa will be reduced from last year’s 450 due to physical distancing needs, we are striving to maintain the character for those yearning for something other than a webinar. There will be a mixed capability of remote livestreaming to bring in overseas keynote speakers, and open up to a wider audience.
Confirmed dates are:
- 10 and 11 November 2020 – two full days of plenary sessions
- 9th November 2020 – AML Supervisors’ half-day entity workshops the day before the conference
Registrations will open in late September on the Police FIU’s website.
Gary will again be closely involved with the conference (on behalf of the ACAMS Australasia Chapter) for the 7th year now. This will include another of his very successful “AML Interview” sessions hosted with international financial regulatory experts at the cutting edge of high profile cases. In past years that has included popular interviews with:
- Those who exposed the 1MDB corruption scandal in Malaysia
- International journalists working inside the Panama Papers exposé
- AUSTRAC’s lead prosecutor in the big ticket prosecutions of TabCorp and CBA Bank
For copies of Gary’s slides or video from past AML Interview presentations, please email him or contact him via this website.